WHAT TO DO IF IN CAR ACCIDENT
In an event that the DCW gets into a car accident within his or her workday with or without a Client in the car, the DCW must contact the police first to get a police report. Secondly, contact Maximum Care Inc. so that we can assess situation, complete an accident investigation report and notify the DCW's clients for the day to adjust their schedules. If Client was in the car with the DCW, an additional report must be completed and reported into EIM, DOH, or both. Contact Compliance/HR Department for emergency contact information.
AGITATED AND OR THREATENING CLIENT/FAMILY MEMBER (OR DIAGNOSED MENTAL HEALTH CLIENT):
1. Do not engage the indivdual in a manner that will only agitate and make worse.
2. Talk calm and preferably in safe space.
3. Have witness if possible.
4. Do not argue or try to prove wrong, listen and calmly repeat the issue/concern of the individual.
5. Sympathize and validate the individual's issue/concern/incident.
6. Inform the individual we will do our best to help them and that we will promptly get back to the agitated individual once you discuss the concern/issue/incident with the President of the Company.
7. Once issue/concern/incident is addressed with President of Company, contact the individual over the telephone to communicate resolution and follow up with a written plan of action.
8. If at a Client's home and either the client, Client Family Member or Both are disgruntled, threatening, bullying, harassing, excuse your self politely and leave the house. Go into your car, lock the door and driven up the street.
9. Contact Maximum Care Inc. to report what is happening/ A directive will be given to you.
CLIENTS WITH DEMENTIA WHO ROAM OR ARE ENGAGING IN UNSAFE/DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR:
1. Do not talk loud or fast to the Client with Dementia.
2. Do not move fast around the Client with Dementia.
3. Do not touch the Client in a rough or fast manner. Stand guard of the client. Many can get aggressive and combative. Ensure you are not turned away from the client so that the Client cannot hurt you.
4. Report any dangerous items in the house or unsafe activities the clients is doing. For example. Roaming the streets, putting the oven on, having guns and knife's in the house.
5. Make sure windows are locked. Many Clients with Dementia open windows from 2nd or 3rd floors and jump out of them resulting in a fatality.
6. Any unsafe or concerning behaviors or things out of the ordinary should be reported to Maximum Care immediately so that appropriate help can be given.
PET CONTROL- AGGRESSIVE PETS, DOG/CAT BITES, ALLERGIC REACTIONS TO PETS IN THE HOUSE:
1. DCW is required to inform the staffing and Compliance Department of any allergies he/she may have.
2. If the Staffing Department is notified that an animal lives in the Client's home, it is communicated to the DCW.
3. Upon Client Admission it is discussed that pets are to be either caged or put in another room away from the Caregiver servicing the client.
4. If pets are not put away, contact Office before starting care.
5. Do not agitate or try and touch the animal to pet. If bitten, contact the office and if the animal is up to date on its vaccinations.
6. Contact Office and we will direct you to go and get a tetanus shot and to receive medical care. A report will be taken and submitted into Maximum Care's insurance company.